Regular cleaning of your kitchen appliances is essential to help prevent build-up and future problems. Most of your kitchen appliances tend to have handles, switches, and buttons where spilled food or grease can easily accumulate. Cleaning your kitchen appliances on a regular basis will ensure that they are completely free of dirt, germs and any grime that may cause malfunctions. In this article, we will go over the common problems with kitchen appliances and why and how to keep your appliances in tip-top shape. Keep in mind that seeking a professional for assistance for detailed cleaning or repair for your equipment is always the best solution.
Why Is It Important to Clean Your Kitchen Appliances?
Here are some of the reasons why you should maintain a high level of cleanliness in your kitchen:
- Improved health for your family: Unclean kitchen appliances are prone to germs, fungi, and bugs. These particles act as carriers of various types of fungal diseases, which can affect your home and family. Cleaning your appliances will ensure that you and your loved ones eat clean and uncontaminated food reducing chances of infections or sickness. Keep in mind that microorganisms tend to thrive in warm areas, so you need to clean your appliances regularly to avoid such cases.
- Reduced utility bills: Technically, dirty appliances will consume a lot of electricity to produce the desired results, which lead to high-energy costs. For instance, a dirty oven will have to use more energy to focus its heat on the food inside. However, regular cleaning of your kitchen appliances will make your devices run correctly, hence saving you a lot of money on your energy bills.
- Increases the lifespan of your appliances: Typically, well-maintained and clean kitchen appliances tend to last longer compared to their dirty counterparts. You can also identify smaller issues that need attention while cleaning, eliminating the need for costly repairs in future.
How to Clean the Kitchen Appliances
The kitchen is still the king in your home and with proper maintenance and cleaning; you can significantly increase the shelf life of your kitchen appliances. Here are some tips to help keep your kitchen running smoothly.
- Refrigerator: The refrigerator remains one of the essential appliances in your kitchen. However, the environment inside the fridge facilitates the natural growth of mold, but regular cleaning can prevent it from spreading. For the exterior, carefully examine the condenser for dust and use a broom to get rid of any debris. You should also check and maintain the seals of the refrigerator. Remove all the expired food from your fridge. You can also remove the shelves and drawers and thoroughly scrub its interior with a mixture of warm water and soap. Make sure that you dry any wet spots before you put your food back into the fridge.
- Coffee maker: Coffee makers are usually prone to mold and germs since they are used daily. Make sure that you pour out all the leftovers and rinse your coffee pot after making your morning cup. Leaving the pot with the leftovers will attract bacteria.
- Microwave: A simple spill in your microwave can result in rapid stain buildup. To get rid of the stains, heat up a cup of water and let it sit inside the microwave until steam starts to appear on the microwave’s glass window. Use a sponge to wipe the interior and dry it well before you close it.
Wilshire Refrigeration & Appliance Inc understands that your appliances are always in need of care. We offer factory certified service, and we will help you get your kitchen appliances working as they should. We are here to ensure that you don’t have to worry about being left without a fridge or oven for days. Contact us today for quality service.